Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blog Post #13

technology



This article basically talks about the pros and cons of online teaching. It tells how online teaching can benefit school systems and how it can improve drop out rates. Online teaching could take away from jobs for teachers. In this article they also talk about how online teaching can make students anti-social. I think that online teaching is a good and bad thing. The reason I think it's good, is because a person has more time. A lot of people can budget there work better because they're on the on time. The reason it's bad is because anyone could be doing your work for you. A person could have all A's and get accepted into a great college but once they get there they can't do the work. I think that everyone needs to know how to do online work, but eventually hands on work will be what a person needs.

2 comments:

  1. Now with this article I can agree with applying online classes in school but only for 11th and 12th graders. To help what college will be more like. I also agree with the most of the cons that the article establishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeffrey,

    You're right about online schooling being a good/bad scenario. There are obvious bonuses (budgetary and learning) as well as things that aren't exactly positive. I think that online schools provide necessary opportunities to students but can also encourage antisocial or negligent behavior in some students who require more structure, like that found in traditional schools.

    Personally, I would have enjoyed the online classes and my sister is currently enrolled in an online public school because she didn't like high school. She has issues with it sometimes, but for the most part I think it's been good for her.

    As for your post, I think you could have done a better job of articulating your thoughts and discussing the points within the article. You did include the link and I'm glad because otherwise I'm not sure I would have known which article you were talking about (if I wasn't a lab assistant.) Just be sure to make things clear.

    ReplyDelete